MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING ON COOPERATION
BETWEEN THE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE OF THE REPUBLIC OF
KAZAKHSTAN AND THE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE OF THE
REPUBLIC OF KOREA
(Nur-Sultan, 22 april 2019)
The Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of justice of the Republic of Korea (hereinafter referred to as the «Sides»),
Wishing to deepen and extend the legal cooperation between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Korea,
Being convinced of the significance of the role played by the authorities in legal field both at national and at international level,
Taking into account the complex nature and the dynamism of the law, as well as the fact that the exchange of information and of expertise in the legal field is in the interest of both their States,
Wishing to develop the cooperation in the framework of the legal policy of their states,
Have come to the following understanding:
1. The Sides will cooperate within the framework of this Memorandum, acting within their competence, observing international treaties and their national legislation.
2. The Sides will cooperate within their competence in the following areas:
a) exchange of information and experience on legal matters of common interest;
b) exchange of information in the field of legal aid and distribution of legal information;
c) exchange of information on the development of legal policies of their countries of mutual interest, as well as legal systems;
d) exchange of information and experience in areas affecting the legislative sphere;
e) collaboration in the field of training legal officials, through authorized institutions;
f) mutual exchange of experts and other specialists from relevant organizational subdivisions;
g) exchange of information and experience in the enforcement court decisions and the provision of legal assistance;
h) exchange of experience in the field of forensic expertise;
i) exchange of experience regarding the implementation of information technologies related to their activities;
j) cooperation on other legal matters of mutual interest that may be jointly decided upon by the Sides.
1. The Sides will cooperate and interact on the basis of the principles of equality and reciprocity, creating the necessary organizational and legal conditions.
2. For the successful implementation of this Memorandum the Sides will:
- carry out professionally and in a timely manner all actions provided for by this Memorandum;
- create conditions for the implementation of programs within the framework of the Memorandum by providing the necessary information and mutual assistance.
3. The areas of cooperation referred to in Article I of this Memorandum will be implemented in following forms: